Red #40 – A Colorful Killer

Manufacturers use artificial dyes to make our foods look more appealing and fresher. Unfortunately, many of these food dies are very dangerous to our health. Red #40 is one of these harmful food additives; in fact, it’s the most commonly used artificial coloring used in foods. Many people have had adverse reactions to Red #40, and some have even seen severe personality changes and increased hyperactivity in their children.

We’ve already discussed how MSG, BHA and BHT and pesticides are all contributing to what I have coined as the “ADHD phenomenon”. Red #40 is also a big contributor…so, just to sum it up, the food industries are putting these chemicals in our food that are causing our children to become sick, then we have to pay money for the doctors to give us more drugs for our children to take!

Who’s losing out?? WE ARE! Think of all the families that only make enough money to cover their bills each month…how can they afford extra medical payments? The best solution is to stop feeding our kids these terrible chemicals!!

Red #40 causes hyperactivity in children, caused immune-system tumors in animal studies, and has caused many people to have severe allergic reactions ranging from hives and swelling, to anaphylactic shock. Yeah, it really sounds safe, doesn’t it???

On top of all that, Red #40 contains ingredients known to cause cancer. None of the industries want to stop the use of products such as these, because everyone will lose money (the food companies, and the medical field).

It is best to avoid the ingestion of this colorful killer altogether. Any foods that are colored red, pink, purple or orange may contain Red #40; some apples are even injected with it to increase the brightness of the color.
When you read the food labels, look for either “Red #40” or “Red #40 Lake”. The word “lake” afterwards means it was made water soluble by mixing the dye with aluminum hydroxide. This practice is most commonly seen in pills (so the color doesn’t fade) but is in some foods as well.

Let’s take back the power over our kids’ lives and stop eating these terrible chemicals the food industries are trying to kill us with!!!!

12 Comments

1. Norm Benedict on July 7, 2010 at 9:32 am

There is a move on now in Washington to get the FDA to ban the most flagrant of the synthetic dyes. The group heading the fight is the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI)… you can find out more on their site.

Meanwhile, those interested might want to check out a company that has perfect a natural alternative to synthetic dyes. The company is called Suntava and is located in the suburbs of Minneapolis. Go to http://www.suntava.com

2. Ashley on September 10, 2010 at 8:37 am

hey, nice blog…really like it and added to bookmarks. keep up with good work

3. Jkandjk LGK2015 on January 14, 2016 at 6:34 pm

Really ? Because its in the food still . thanks for trying but remember everyone that dies if they eat it and have a problem its on your own head when God Comes Back. God Bless And Keep Us Safe.

4. Christopher Michas on February 21, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Hi just curious where you get your data? I am a father of 3 girls under 10 and frequently check food labels as my oldest has a tree nut allergy. However I’m concerned because you don’t cite any sources so there is no way to confirm any of your statements. I’m not illuding to your honesty it’s just that I’m an academic and checking sources is an important part of any research project. Could you publish a list of sources so we can see how you drew your conclusions? Thank you.

5. Marty Miller on February 26, 2016 at 3:01 pm

My goodness, this is terrible. Till now I use to scoff and chuckle when I read, “red #40 lake.”
    I would think, “ah, red#39 lake just wasn’t cuttin it huh?”
    Then I would go to enjoy the rest of my Doritos chips or skittles candy.
    I never bothered doing a web search until The Lord recently prompted me to do so.

6. Scared on March 25, 2016 at 1:46 pm

This is really scary, I’m only 10 and I was eating some skittles. I looked at the ingredients and saw red 40. I remembered that one of my classmates has a allergy to it so I looked it up. Now that I learned about it its more than just some creepy name on a food label, it’s creepy itself! I feel so scared, I don’t want to get cancer.
    I have also noticed I have been acting more strange. I don’t know how to explain. Maybe I have been eating red 40 🙁

7. giles on April 2, 2016 at 3:43 pm

We are in France and Bought some imported candy cane bubble gum for my boy. He went mental on it and was climbing the walls. We are so lucky in Europe that most of this rubbish is banned or not tolerated. How can you let thus stuff be sold get heavy with the manufacturers it isn’t necessary and should not be allowed. Needless to say we threw this junk away.

8. Dayana on April 15, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Hi I eat takis and I ate about 3/4 I don’t eat this all the time but well it actually cause cancer? I don’t know if I should finish it!

9. Kyle on April 28, 2016 at 6:21 am

Hey guys I’m just going to say that red lake #4 is really dangerous… I had A LOT of spicy chips that had that stuff in it and I have had stomach problems ever since… so to sum it up, if you dont want stomach pain 24/7, occasional tremors at night,bowel issues,or decreased athletic ability, DO NOT EAT RED LAKE #40!!!

10. Thank you for the info on May 19, 2016 at 3:58 pm

It’s no wonder so many kids have autism

11. Jay on July 15, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Lake means it’s not water soluble. You should also provide sources where you got your information from.

12. really on August 24, 2016 at 9:51 am

Yeah…. none of this is true. Have any actual data to back this up?